Important Dates:

Wednesday 2 October 2013

Reading Homework

Log-in information for our reading homework was sent home today. RAZ-kids is an excellent online reading program that allows students to read at their individual level and answer questions about what they have read. The program will move them through the levels when they are ready. I have placed students at appropriate levels however if you feel that your child is not at the correct level (either too easy or too difficult) please let me know and I can change their level if needed. I have asked students to read and complete the quiz for 1-2 books by Monday Oct 7. I have access to the back end of the program and I am able to track how much students are reading, so it does not need to be recorded.
If you receive a blog update email with a link on it, please disregard it. I am testing the written section of the online homework and will send instructions when it is ready to start. As for math homework, I am asking that students spend time on iXl math practising basic facts (2 and 3 digit addition and subtraction, multiplication to 7 x 7 and division). The link to iXl is under math links on the left side of this page. We will begin the Dream Box math program once it is ready. 
If there are major problems with the online homework please let me know and an alternate program can be arranged for your child. If there are any questions at any time please contact me at the school.
The online homework program is an excellent form of academic practise and it also provides the students with the opportunity to develop important technology skills that they will continue to use and build on in following years. I appreciate your support and patience with this program! Thanks.